The next morning I had dilated to 5 cm but still no contractions. I was then given Pitocin at 7am. My doctor came around 9am and decided to break my water. The second she did that I immediately starting feeling the most intense contractions. I had decided to see how long I could go without getting an epidural but once my water broke the pain was unlike anything I had every felt. I was in tears and thought I would throw up from the pain. Once the epidural kicked in I felt immediate relief and fell right to sleep. It was the best sleep since getting to the hospital.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Colton's Birth Story
At my 39 week appointment I was 3 cm dilated so I wasn't sure if I would make it through my last week of work. I was very anxious the whole week thinking I would go into labor without having everything in place for my sub. I made it to Friday and my 40 week appointment to find out I had not progressed any. At that point I was ready to have this baby. My doctor decided to schedule my induction. We were scheduled to check into the hospital Wednesday night at 8pm and I was going to receive Cervidil in hope that it would kick start my labor and I would not have to be induced. It was game 3 of the World Series so Jason and I hung out and watched the Royals. I finally received the Cervidil at 10pm and then was allowed a snack at midnight. I knew this would be my last meal for many hours so I made sure I stayed awake for my snack. I didn't sleep much that night for many reasons but mainly because I couldn't get comfortable with all the wires attached to me.
The next morning I had dilated to 5 cm but still no contractions. I was then given Pitocin at 7am. My doctor came around 9am and decided to break my water. The second she did that I immediately starting feeling the most intense contractions. I had decided to see how long I could go without getting an epidural but once my water broke the pain was unlike anything I had every felt. I was in tears and thought I would throw up from the pain. Once the epidural kicked in I felt immediate relief and fell right to sleep. It was the best sleep since getting to the hospital.
The rest of the day was a lot of waiting. I kept progressing but Colton did not want to move down. The other issue was that he was face down so starting around 2pm they put a "peanut" exercise ball between my legs as I laid on each side for about 30 minutes to hopefully get him to move down and move face up. Around 3:30 he had moved down but was still not completely face up. At that point it was time to start pushing. Even with the epidural I was still able to feel the pressure of the contractions so I knew when to start pushing. Even with all the pushing, Colton did not want to come out. I was becoming very exhausted and ready to meet my little man. At 5pm my doctor came to help coax Colton out. The next 30 minutes were the toughest but I wanted him out so bad. Finally at 5:30pm my precious baby boy was born. He weighed 8lbs 14 oz, was 21 1/2 inches long, and had a head circumference of 14 inches. He was a big, healthy boy!
The next morning I had dilated to 5 cm but still no contractions. I was then given Pitocin at 7am. My doctor came around 9am and decided to break my water. The second she did that I immediately starting feeling the most intense contractions. I had decided to see how long I could go without getting an epidural but once my water broke the pain was unlike anything I had every felt. I was in tears and thought I would throw up from the pain. Once the epidural kicked in I felt immediate relief and fell right to sleep. It was the best sleep since getting to the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment