Jason finished the ceiling and painted the walls but I prepped the room and painted the trim. I was definitely feeling it afterwards. Painting has never made me that sore. Putting the ceiling fan back up with Jason was also pretty difficult and would have been pretty entertaining to anyone watching us.
I finished the 3rd piece (doggy picture) of my wall art. I am very happy with how it turned out. Having a Cricut is definitely worth every penny.
Last weekend my parents came to visit so that my mom could go shopping at a couple consignment sales with me. I am so thankful she was here because it was such an overwhelming experience. Friday we went to the Just Between Friends Northland Sale and bought a few items. It was pretty laid back and not crowded at all. On Saturday we went to the Rhea Lana Sale and boy was that an experience. I went Black Friday shopping one time in my life and this was pretty similar. There were so many items and the second we walked in people were snatching up items right and left. I was like a deer in headlights and had no idea where to begin. The hottest item was the Mamaroo. They are about $225 brand new and were being sold for $85! Great deal but they were all gone in seconds and I didn't really want to get anywhere near that crowd. Once the initial shock wore off, my mom and I finally got down to business and were able to find some good items.
My cousin and his wife actually gave me the car seat and base so I found the stroller this weekend. Not pictured is a pack-n-play my mom bought for their house. I could have bought a ton of clothes but didn't want to go overboard and am waiting until after my baby shower to see what I actually need. I am very happy with my purchases and the prices I paid. I would highly recommend these sales to any new or expecting mom. There are some great deals and so many of the items looked like they had never been used. I am actually considering going to the same sales in neighboring areas just to see what other items I can buy. Buying all these items just made the upcoming birth even more real. Definitely scary but very exciting as well. Can't wait to meet little baby Colton!

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment