Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Colton Edward: 2 month update



We are defiantly getting more into a routine and Mommy is adjusting to this new life as a mom.  I never forced a feeding or nap schedule but when I started to track our day, I found out you created your own schedule.  This month we ventured out more and more to visit friends, Christmas shop, and take walks when it wasn't too cold. Mommy's best friend Lauren came to visit from California.  It was so nice of her to come all this way to see us.  You were such a good boy when we went out to dinner.  We go to our Mommy support group every Wednesday and we both enjoy getting out and meeting new people.  Because you don't sleep through the night I often had to take a nap during the day to make it through the evening but I am starting to get use to my new sleep schedule and rarely take a nap during the day.  This also means I (and Daddy) go to bed when you do to make sure we maximize our sleep during the night.

I am loving how more aware you are getting each day.  You laugh and smile more and more each day.  I love when you laugh when playing by yourself on the floor.  Your eyes follow daddy and I when we walk around and you often get a little upset when Mommy leaves the room.

I can't believe I only have 2 1/2 weeks left at home with you.  The time has flown by.  I am looking forward to our first Christmas as a family of 3 and can't wait to spend it with Grandma and Grandpa Lucht in Arkansas.

2 month update
Size: 13 lbs 8 oz Big boy!
0-3 month clothes and some 3-6 month 

Food: Nursing is still going well.  I do a transfer weight at our Mom's group and you take in about 4.5 oz.  I still try and feed you from a bottle once or twice a day to get you ready for day care.  During the day you nurse every 3 hours and are nursing at night mostly every 4 hours sometimes 5.  

Sleep: You are awake for the day between 7-8am. Depending on when you wake up, you take a 20-30 minute name between 8:30-9:30 each morning.  You sometimes take another 20-30 minute nap between 11:30-12:30 and then nap for about 1-2 hours around 2:30.  Bedtime is between 8 and 9.  You wake up during the night about every 4 hours.  The past week you starting going 6 hours from your last feeding before bed and then waking 4 hours after that.  I hope this means you will start to sleep even longer stretches soon

Hair: You are continuing to loose your light brown hair and it is growing back in blond.   

Eyes: Blue with beautifully, long eyelashes.  

Likes: Car rides, walks, being help, playing

Dislikes: Being hungry, when Mommy leaves the room.  

Mommy update: My tailbone injury is still bothering me but the pain is more manageable.  At my 6 week Drs. appointment she just told me I had to give it time to heal.  My pre-pregnancy clothes are starting to fit me a little better but hopefully I can get into a little better shape before heading back to work.  Otherwise I have no idea what I am going to wear for work.  



No comments:

Post a Comment