Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Colton Edward: 1 month update

Time has flown by! Your first week home Grandma Lucht stayed with us.  It was so nice to have both her and Daddy home so I could focus on only you and know they were taking care of everything else. Before we left the hospital, you became jaundice so we had to get your billirubin levels down.  They wanted us to stay another night but we opted to go home because it just felt right.  I am glad we did but we had to continue to monitor your levels with multiple visits to get your foot pricked for blood work and the UV bed for a couple days.  I also had to supplement your feedings with formula.  Needless to say it was very stressful around here.  I was super emotional, sleep deprived, and just constantly worried about you.  I felt like I couldn't really enjoy my time with you.  After a week, your levels were continually decreasing so could stop all the treatments and monitoring.

You had your first "photo shoot" at 6 days old. You were such a good boy and the photos were adorable!  Grandpa came on Friday to celebrate your first Halloween.  I love Halloween so I had two outfits for you.  During the day you were a skeleton and at night you were a koala.  I can't wait for the day when we actually get to go trick or treating with you.

Daddy went back to work after 4 weeks. I am so thankful that Daddy was able to stay home with us that long! Daddy going back to work also meant he took his first work trip since your birth. It was only 1 night away but we still missed him. I won't lie that I was a little jealous that Daddy was going to get some uninterrupted sleep.  Speaking of sleep, you are not a terrible sleeper but not great. You just want to eat every 2-4 hours. Those rare 4 hour stretches are amazing but most of the time it is every 3 hours. I can't complain because you are a newborn and you usually go right back to sleep after eating.  Luckily I am also someone who can go back to sleep quickly.

Charlie and Sasha are being a good big brother and sister.  Sasha loves to lay on the Boppy pillow with you and really is not affected by your crying.  Charlie runs into the room if you are crying to check on you.  He is constantly sniffing you and checking you out.
1 month update
Size: 11 lbs 1 oz (Mommy joined a Mom's support group so I get to weigh you every week) 
0-3 month clothes (you grew out of newborn sized clothes pretty quickly)

Food: You are exclusively breast feed.  I started to give you a bottle at least once a day with pumped milk and you take about 3 oz.  You nurse every 2-3 hours and sometimes 4 at night

Sleep: Bedtime is between 8 and 9.  You wake every 2-4 hours to nurse but go right back to sleep afterwards.  You are awake for the day between 7-8

Hair: Light brown but it is starting to grown in more blonde

Eyes: Blue

Likes: Car rides, walks, being held

Dislikes: Being hungry 

Mommy update: Recovery from labor has been the hardest part of this whole pregnancy.  I bruised/broke my tailbone during labor and it is so painful to sit and get up from standing. I am almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I am definitely more flabby then before.  I am also having a hard time finding clothes that fit me. My regular clothes don't quite fit and I don't have any maternity clothes for this colder weather.  Lots of yoga pants for me.  I also try to get out a couple times a week even if it is just to Target.  I feel so much better when I leave the house and be "normal".  






No comments:

Post a Comment