Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Loves of the Month

READING
I finally finished The Garden of Last Days! It was an okay book but didn't keep my attention enough for how long it is. It probably would have been a better summer read.  I did read Divergent which is really good.  I look forward to reading the other ones in the series.  I am currently reading Sylvia Porter: America's Original Personal Finance Columnist.  It is written by my cousin Tracy Lucht.  I have read very few non-fiction books in my life but am trying to make a change this year.  I thought reading my cousin's book would be a great start. I am enjoying the book so far.  If you like learning about powerful women in our history this is definitely a must read.  I had never heard of Sylvia Porter before this. I am learning how important she has been in our history especially with the success of so many personal finance guru's out their today.

WATCHING
In January we rented The Butler which we both enjoyed. We also rented two documentaries that were both sad and disturbing, Blackfish and More Than Honey.  It really makes you look at what we as people are doing to our environment.  I personally think More Than Honey should be watched by everyone who does any sort of yardwork/gardening.  It might make you think twice about what you spray in your yard.

MUNCHING
One weekend I made a double batch of Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins that I found on Pinterest that were REALLY good.  I did add some peanut butter chips and sprinkled pecans on top before baking. I ended of freezing 1/2 of the muffins for later snacking.  The recipe can be found here.

LISTENING
Dark Horse by Katy Perry featuring Juicy J and Demons by Imagine Dragons

BEST THING ABOUT JANUARY
The 3 BEAUTIFUL, warm Sundays that allowed us to go hiking with our dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment