Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December Loves of the Month

READING
I am STILL trying to finish The Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus III.  In my defense it is over 500 pages long and I don't read many pages each night.Thankfully winter break has allowed me to read more so I have less than 100 pages to go.  I already have my new book picked out, Divergent by Veronica Roth. It has recently been made into a movie.  Jason picked it up
during a business trip and wants me to read it next so he can talk to me about it.  I love having a husband who reads as much as I do.

WATCHING
We recently rented Elysium and Meet the Millers.  Both worth watching especially if you love Matt Damon (Elysium) and Jason Sudeikis (Meet the Miilers) as much as I do.  We also re-signed up for Netflix and I have watched all 13 episodes of House of Cards in one week. GREAT show that is only played on Netflix.  Looking forward to season 2 beginning February 14th.

MUNCHING
LOTS of cookies and sweets! Between my annual get together with friends decorating cookies, participating in a cookie exchange, and gifts from students I was on a sugar high most of December.  One thing I always eat in December is oyster stew with summer sausage sandwiches.  It is a family tradition on my dad's side of the family to make this every Christmas Eve.  I have carried the tradition on and this is my 3rd year making it. I actually made it twice this year since we celebrated Christmas with my parents the weekend before Christmas.

LISTENING
I mostly just listened to Christmas music in December.  One of my favorite Christmas songs in Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas but I also enjoyed Kelly Clarkson's new Christmas song this year Underneath the Tree.

BEST THING ABOUT DECEMBER
Spending the holidays with my parents for the first time in way too long and of coarse the two weeks off of school is pretty nice.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment