I am almost 23 weeks pregnant but am finally getting around to blogging again. I have been writing this blog post since we found out. I don't enjoy writing that much but know I will appreciate all the documentation of our life later on.
So far I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. I did not have any morning sickness or any other problems. The worst party was how tired I was during my 1st trimester. I didn't think you could ever be that tired or sleep that much. The biggest issue I have had is lower back problems. Jason got me the Snoogle pregnancy pillow and that helped a TON! Now that I am on summer vacation, not being on my feet all day has also helped. I am thankful that I have had a pretty easy pregnancy but what does this mean for my labor?
Finding Out and Telling Jason
After the 1st of the year, Jason and I stopped "preventing" a possible pregnancy. We were convinced it would take some time to get pregnant based on our age and all the struggles with pregnancy we have heard from friends. So we were a little shocked when we found out I was pregnant after the first month. We were not counting days, taking ovulation tests, or anything else like that. It just happened naturally. Who would have thought?
I waited a week after my missed period which happen to be Valentine's Day. I had the day off so I took a pregnancy test and it turned to 2 lines instantly! I didn't even have to wait 30 seconds! I took another one just to be sure and it was the same result. I had bought Jason a plant and card for Valentine's Day so I decided to tell him in the card. After he read it, he was a little unsure if I was kidding or not. His first remark was "We'll that didn't take long." (He is so sentimental).
1st Doctors Appointment: 6 weeks
I had my first doctors appointment during my 6th week. Since we haven't told anyone yet, I made up an excuse of why I was taking the morning off work. The appointment was pretty uneventful just a lot of information to take in. The cost part is freaking us out but we will make it work. We always do. I have my next appointment at 10 1/2 weeks where we will hopefully get to hear the heart beat. I am still convinced something bad is going to happen between now and then but I am trying to stay positive.
2nd Doctors Appointment: 10 1/2 weeks
I had been looking forward to this appointment since I knew we would be hearing the heartbeat for the first time. The second I heard the heartbeat, I started crying. It was a mix of relief that everything was okay and it made this pregnancy even more real. They were definitely tears of joy. I had recently told our parents and a few friends but was still waiting to make an announcement to everyone. We had our 1st trimester genetic testing appointment coming up and I wanted to get the results of that before we told any more people.
1st Trimester Testing: 12 weeks
We decided to go ahead and do the 1st trimester genetic testing just so we knew if there was anything we needed to prepare for. The best part about this is that you get to have an ultrasound. Seeing baby for the 1st time was unreal. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. It was crazy how after such a short amount of time the baby looked so human like. We got our first pictures of the baby and the great news that the chances of having a baby with a major genetic disorder was very low.
Gender Revel: 19 1/2 weeks
I had to wait almost 6 weeks since are 14 week appointment to hear/see baby. I was very anxious to see that everything was okay. I also had my last round of blood work to test for genetic disorders and again everything turned out great. Jason accidentally scheduled a work trip on the day of our appointment so we planned to have the results of the gender sealed until he got home later that day. Baby looked great and there was nothing to be concerned about. It was amazing to see how much baby had changed and grown since our last ultrasound.
Jason and I planned to go to dinner and open the results of the gender together. We went to an early dinner because we just couldn't wait anymore. From the minute I found out I was pregnant, I thought I was having a boy. At the time, Jason kept saying that he didn't have any idea. We had agreed on a girl name but could not agree on a boy name, so that is another reason I thought we were having a boy. My parents thought we were having a girl from the beginning. Jason was afraid I was going to cry at the restaurant but I was able to keep it together. We opened the results and found out we were having a....BOY!! I guess my instincts were spot on but I did have 50/50 chance of being correct. Jason then told me he was only thinking about having a girl and hadn't really thought we would have a boy. I guess my life of fishing, sports, and trucks will begin very soon. We are super excited and can't wait to meet baby boy Betts!

No comments:
Post a Comment