Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

DIY Project: Burlap Wreath

I have been wanting to make an everyday wreath for a long time.  When I received a Hobby Lobby gift card I thought it would be a perfect time to make one.  I follow a few blogs and saw a wreath I liked on this one. All of the supplies you need are at your local Hobby Lobby and probably at other craft stores.  Even better was the fact that the burlap was 50% off!  All together it cost me less than $20 to make.  I also purchased a "B" to paint and add to the wreath once I become Mrs. Betts!


There is no pattern to making this.  Just start weaving the burlap and pulling it loose to make the loops.  It took me a while to get started but once I did it went pretty fast.  I didn't use any glue or pins.  I tucked the ends into the wreath to hid them and the flower had a wire stem that I just wrapped around one side.  I am pretty happy with the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment