Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break


Spring Break Fail!
This was definitely not one of my favorite spring breaks.  The weather was NOT spring like and last night we got about 6 inches of snow.  I was hoping to get a little sun this week but no such luck. Jason was in Arizona most of the week and I am still trying to figure out why I did not go with him. Even though the weather was not what I wanted, I did happen to get a few things accomplished 

Friday started with 80 degree weather that Jason and I enjoyed with a few drinks on our patio.

My painting inspiration
On Saturday we went to the Snake Parade in North Kansas City and celebrated my future niece and nephew's birthdays with Jason's family.

Sunday started with me going to a St. Patrick's Day Zumba class that my friend Lauren was teaching some songs at. Afterwards, Jason and I went to Home Depot to get paint supplies to start our first home improvement project.  We decided to start with our "dining room" that we want to make into a den/library.  Our house is full of wood trim and the thought of painting all of it white, overwhelmed me.  I looked online to see what paint colors worked best with wood trim.  My inspiration came from this picture I found on Pinterest.  The next 5 days consisted of 1st coat, 2nd coat, touch ups  and putting the room back together.   I am definitely not a professional painter but I am happy with the results.  I am hoping each time I paint, I will get better.  We eventually want to get some book cases and a few comfy chairs for the room.
Top: Final product(a little dark to see), Finally done
Bottom: Before=removed chair rail and wallpaper underneath, paint color before, 2nd coat
Besides just painting, Jason and I also went catering tasting to pick our food for the wedding.  We are happy with our choices and even happier with Hy-Vee's reasonable prices.  Here's to not going broke when planning a wedding.  I also ordered and received my Save the Dates, had lunch with some friends, and read a couple books.  Even thought the weather has not been spring break like, I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  9 weeks left until summer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment