Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lucky 19

One of the best parts of being a teacher are the many "holidays" we have throughout the year.  I really think they are made so that teachers can make it through the whole year without having mental breakdowns. This long weekend started with a beautiful day on Saturday.  60 degree weather! You have to love the roller coaster temperatures of a Kansas City winter. My friend Sarah was amazing enough to volunteer to take Jason and I's engagement pictures at English Landing Park in Parkville. Stay tuned for pictures.  

January 19th also marked my parents 39th wedding anniversary.  If you have very had the privilege of meeting my parents, you have experienced what a marriage should be like. I have had amazing role models of what a great marriage is.  They have laughed, cried, and remained each other's best friends throughout the years.  They have taught me that marriage is not always about flowers and rainbows (the good times) but also about how you learn to stick together through the rough stuff.  It is always a work in progress.  

January 19th also marks exactly 9 months to our wedding.  It will be here before you know it.  
It also marks one month until Jason and I's 3 year anniversary.  We had our first day on February 19th, 2010.  

None of this was planned.  I just realized the significance of the 19th this weekend but am beginning to think it might be my new lucky number:)

No comments:

Post a Comment