January
Our year started off pretty bad when our house got broken into. It was an awful experience that I don't know if you can ever get over. They took minor things and our insurance company (Allstate) was AMAZING but I am still afraid I will come home to our house being broken into. For all those renters out there, the $10 a month I paid for renter's insurance was SO worth it.
![]() |
The best thing that came out of this was that we got our baby, Charlie, the next day. We had been looking at getting a dog but I just never could decide on what to get. We went to Petsmart to get fish food and I went to check out the dogs that a local shelter had there. When I saw Charlie (Jacko at the time), I knew he was my dog. It took me about 30 seconds to decide if I wanted to get him or not. He has been the best dog anyone could ask for. He is such a mama's boy and loves to cuddle on the couch. Aspen has been such a good big sister and has taught him so much. They are great friends and play constantly. I can't imagine ever only having one dog. Feburary
Jason and I celebrated our 2 year on the 19th. We usually combine Valentine's Day and our anniversary together. We wanted to skip the crowds and stay home so we grilled steak and lobster tails and had apple crisp and ice cream for dessert. It was perfect.
March
March started with a visit to Arizona to celebrate my brother's graduation from his masters program. It was great to spend the time with my family and to see my brother graduate. I thought I made him a pretty cool gift and he seemed to like it.
March also brought a much needed Spring Break from school. It was beautiful the whole week and I spent most of it laying outside in the sun.
Jason also started his new job at Travois in March. This has been such a blessing and we both love the company. They are very family oriented and always want their employees to put family first. They have an onsite day care and you can bring your dog to work. Can't get any better than that!
April
April brought more warm weather and the wedding of Jason's friend Mike and his now wife Megan. It was in Wichita and Jason was one of the groomsmen. It will definitely be a wedding to remember since we had to leave the wedding early because the tornado sirens started going off. It was a crazy night with tornadoes touching down all around us but luckily we were safe.
May
![]() |
| The hosts and the proud mama to be |
May is always a long month to get through with summer break right around the corner. May started with me helping host my friend Sarah's baby shower. It was definitely a fun day with lots of cute baby clothes.
Of course May ended with the last day of school. Since we didn't use any of our snow days, the students got out early and us teachers had to stay for exciting meetings. We probably learned a ton of great things but with summer vacation right around the corner, I don't think I remember much from them.
June
June is the beginning of summer break but it is also the beginning of summer school. Most teachers think I am crazy for doing this but it is easy money. 4 weeks, 4 days a week, and 4 hour days. Can't beat that. It gets me out of bed in the morning and I have the whole afternoon to do things.
June also was when Jason and I decided to start looking to buy a house. We thought we were going to be able to go month to month on our current rental property but that did not happen. We knew we were cutting it close but we were hoping to find something, close, and move in by August 1st. When we first started looking, I didn't know if Jason and I would ever agree on a house. After only 2 weekends and 10 houses, we fell in love with one of the 1st houses we looked at. We went back and forth with offers for a week and finally agreed on a price June 29th. It was just in time since I was leaving for Europe for two weeks 4 days later.
July

July was definitely the craziest month of the year. I left on the 3rd for my two week trip to Europe with my best friend Lauren. We had planned this over a year in advance but little did I know I would be buying a house at the same time. Our trip started off pretty bad with our plane being delayed almost 10 hours. This also meant that our plans of celebrating my birthday on the 4th in a London pub never happened and we missed a whole day in London. We just pretended it never happen and started our "real" trip on the 5th. We stayed in England until the 7th and then headed to Germany for 3 days. Then we traveled by train to Switzerland which was the most beautiful place I have ever been. If you ever get the chance to go, you MUST go to there. After Switzerland, we left on the train to end our trip in Venice, Italy. We drank a lot of wine, ate a lot of food, and had Gelato everyday. The trip was amazing and worth every penny. I know 30 years from now Lauren and I will still be talking about how much fun we had.
While I was in Europe, Jason was taking care of all the paper work and finalization of our new house. He was also braving the record breaking summer we were having in Kansas. It was a hot summer and I am so glad I missed 2 weeks of it.
July ended with Jason and I closing on our first home!! We closed on the 30th and had to be out of our rental by the 1st. It was a crazy, HOT 3 days but so worth it. We loved our new home and can't wait to make many memories here.
August

August brought more hot weather and me going back to school. We started a week later than normal which was great since I needed that week to help get unpacked. August 15th was also Aspen's 4th birthday. We celebrated with carrot pupcakes. She really seemed to enjoy them. September
The biggest and most important thing that happen in September is that Jason and I got engaged!!! It was one of the happiest days of my life and I can't wait for our wedding on October 19th, 2013
October
My parents came to visit for a week in October. It is always great to see them and I wish I could see them more often. We visited and booked our wedding reception site and bought my wedding dress. October also is the month of my favorite holiday, Halloween. My team and I dressed up as the 4 seasons ( I was winter) and I only got 3rd in the staff pumpkin carving contest. I was pretty disappointed since I won last year. This was also the first Halloween where Jason and I had trick-or-treaters.
November
Jason and I hosted our housewarming/engagement party in November. We had a great turn out and I really appreciated everyone driving up to our house.
For Thanksgiving I made the drive up to Iowa since my parents were going to be there. It was so much fun to spend Thanksgiving with so many family members and I hope this will happen more often.
December

I always enjoy the many traditions of December. Holiday parties, Lauren's cookie decorating night, and Julie's cookie exchange. We had our first snow day of school even if it was the worst day to have one(the last day before break). We celebrated Jason's birthday at Kansas City Sea Life and I carried on my family tradition of oyster stew and summer sausage sandwiches. We spent Christmas morning with just the two of us and had Christmas dinner with Jason's family.
2012 has been a great year but I am looking forward to 2013. Jason and I are looking forward to taking on some small home improvement projects and most of all our wedding! I hope everyone has a great New Year and here is to 2013!








No comments:
Post a Comment