Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Colton Edward Betts: 10 month update




10 months!! Where has the time gone?!?  I haven't even started planning your 1st  birthday party and it will be here before we know it.  I know I say it each month but this has been such a fun month.  You are just so much more aware of your surroundings.  You are very curious and have actually started to play with your toys instead of just put everything in your mouth.  You are starting to gravitate to "boy" toys more like cars and trains.  It is so cute!! You love being around your friends and other little kids. I have noticed that you have started to follow the "bigger" kids more.  You always seem to want to know what everyone is up to.  This month you went back to daycare.  You have been great as always but haven't really wanted to nap much while you are there.  I think you are enjoying all the new kids at daycare and don't want to miss anything.  I miss spending our summer days together but have liked being back on a schedule.

10 month update
Size: You have not been weighed since your 9 month appointment.  My guess would be around 23 pounds.  I don't think you have gained that much more weight but I have noticed that you are getting taller and kind of thinning out as you grow.  You are starting to look like a toddler!
Food: As always you are such a good eater.  You eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  You eat anything we are eating that is soft enough for you to chew.  I typically breakfast is oatmeal and a fruit. Lunch consists of a meat or pasta, veggie, cheese, and sometimes a fruit.  Dinner is usually whatever we are having.   I do still give you a fruit and veggie pouch at least once a day.  I nurse you in the morning, when we get home from daycare, and at night.  You are also eating about 12-15 ounces of milk at daycare.  
Sleep: Still a great sleeper.  We have pushed your bedtime from 7:00-7:30 to 7:30-8:00.  You sleep until about 6:45-7 the next morning.  You still take two 1 1/2 naps during the day.  This is a little different now that you are back at daycare because you don't love taking your afternoon nap there yet.  You almost always make up for it with a 30 minute nap in the car on our way home.  
Teeth: Your top 4 teeth did come in all at the same time which was tons of fun.  I don't see any new teeth coming in now.
Words: You only said "Mama" for a couple weeks and now you are only saying "DaDa" You might not be actually talking with real words but you are constantly "talking".
Activity: You are quite the little mover.  Crawling everywhere, pulling yourself up on everything, you have climbed the stairs, you love to walk along the couch or with your walker.  You can stand on your own for a few seconds.  I know your first steps are not far away.  
Likes: baths, pup dogs, eating, moving, hearing your own voice.  You are pretty happy most of the time.  
Dislikes: still not much makes you unhappy.  Tired, hungry, or not being where Mommy is are about the only things that really upset you.





No comments:

Post a Comment