This has definitely been my favorite month. You are becoming so much fun! You love to smile, laugh, and "talk" to us. You give me the biggest smile when you wake up in the morning and see me. I think that is my favorite thing so far. You just seem to be the happiest baby. We did have to deal with a little thrush at the beginning of the month but you took your medicine like a champ. Mommy went back to work this month which was so much harder than I thought it would be. I cried almost every morning when I had to leave you but every day got better. The first week back to work Daddy stayed home with you. I think it was the best thing for both of you. You two really bonded that week together. Daddy was definitely not ready for the week to end. Daddy took you to your 2 month doctor's appointment where you got your first round of immunizations. Daddy said you just cried when it was happening but did great afterwards. The doctor said she was so impressed about how aware you were and how talkative you were. I guess you followed her all around the exam room and kept smiling every time she talked to you. You are such a little flirt! Going to daycare hasn't even phased you. It has definitely been harder on Mommy than you. You are being such a good boy at daycare. Ms. Colleen thinks you are the sweetest baby. The other kiddos love you and think you are so cute!
You are becoming quite the little mover. You kick your legs all the time which causes you to move all around. Lately you have even been rolling over onto your side! I don't know if Mommy is ready for you to grow up so fast.
I can't believe how fast you are growing but am looking forward to what this next month has in store for us.
3 month update
Size: 2 weeks ago you weighed 15.1 pounds (91st percentile)
At 11 weeks you measured 24.5 inches long (86th percentile) You are such a big boy!
Don't know your exact head size but I know it is big
I stopped being in denial and finally switched you to 6 month clothes. I cried as I put your newborn and 3 month clothes away. I can't believe how much you have grown already.
Food: Nursing is still going well. I am pumping enough at work each day to give to daycare to use for the next day. You are eating about 16-18 oz at daycare in 4 different sittings. I am so thankful and happy that I have been able to nurse you with no issues.
Sleep: My first week back to work you slept 8 hours ever night! I thought this might be the start of sleeping through the night but I wasn't so lucky. You are back to waking 1-2 times a night but are getting better. Long stretches of sleep are becoming more often then not and we have had a few more nights of 7-8 hours. You are still sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room in the Pack-n-Play. You wake between 4am-5am and then I feed you before getting ready for work. You fall back to sleep until 7am where we then get you dressed for the day. At daycare you are taking two 45-60 minutes naps in the morning and one 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I can't complain that you aren't sleeping through the night yet because I know it could be so much worse.
Hair: You are continuing to loose your brown hair. It is getting lighter and sometimes looks strawberry blonde in the light.
Eyes: Still blue with beautifully, long eyelashes.
Likes: You still fall right to sleep the second I put you in the car or the stroller. You love to hang out on Daddy's lap and watch him play video games.
Dislikes: Being hungry or tired. That is about it. You are pretty happy most of the time.

Mommy update: I joined another support group for working moms that meets twice a month. We have been once this month and liked it. I miss my Wednesday morning group but am still in contact with a few of the Mommies. Daddy went on his first work trip since I have been back to work and it was pretty hard being a single mom to a baby and two pup dog. We were all happy to see Daddy when he got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment