Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

As this Thanksgiving break comes to an end I have much to be thankful for.  I was very thankful this year since I got to spend Thanksgiving with my family and I didn't think that was going to happen.  Unfortunately the reason for traveling to Iowa for Thanksgiving was for the unexpected passing of my cousin Joel.  Even with this sad news, I had a great time seeing so many family members I have not seen in awhile.  I am thankful to my Uncle Dick and Aunt Nedra for allowing my parents and I to come to their Thanksgiving at the last minute.  Some other things I am thankful for this year in no particular order are:

  • Jason:  He loves me for who I am and puts up with my craziness. I can't wait to become Mrs. Betts!
  • Aspen and Charlie: They are the best dogs anyone could ask for. I can always count on them to be excited to see me when I come home and to cheer me up if I am having a bad day.  
  • My parents:They have always been there for me and have been great role models for what a happy marriage should look like.  
  • My job:I am thankful to have a job that I love and to work with the amazing people that I do.
  • My house:  I am thankful that Jason and I were able to purchase the house we live in and I am looking forward to making many memories in this house. 
Overall I am thankful for my life everyday.  I am in good heath, have a roof over my head, have a job, and have many people who love and care for me.  


So...with Thanksgiving break coming to an end, bring on Christmas!  I am a firm believer in not putting up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving but fully embrace Christmas once Thanksgiving is over with.  After driving home from Iowa Friday morning, I started putting up our Christmas decorations.  I still have a few things to add but am happy with everything so far.  


No comments:

Post a Comment